Another award! This one is from the lovely Vixilerue. I am so honoured. My little blog is barely beginning and I have had so much support. Thank you so much to everyone. While I have been away I have also been buying up some vintage beauty & charm books – so stay tuned for those! Now on to the “Versatile Blogger Award”
The rules of this one is to reveal 7 interesting facts about myself and pass the award on to 15 bloggers (who then do the same). Here we go…
Seven (hopefully) Interesting Facts About Me
- I was fired from a movie set when I was 4. I threw a tantrum as I HATED performing. My Grandmother was pretty insistent – battle of the wills commenced and I won and was promptly fired. (THIS is the movie if you are interested, My grandmother played the Grandmother Bet. If you click on her name you will see she also was in a few Aussie shows – including Heartbreak High)
- I have never met either of my grandfathers. My dads father died when he was just a year old and my mums dad took off when she was 4. I grew up with amazingly strong women instead.
- I have never taken any illegal drugs or smoked a cigarette. My parents were perfect examples about how those things can totally mess people up. Though this may actually be filed under “boring facts about me”
- I moved out of home at 15 and put myself through school.
- By the time I was 23 I was running my own business and had started a charity (which is now a national not for profit – though I am now “retired”).
- I was in love with Fred Astaire as a teen and dreamed of marrying him, even though he was long dead by then.
- Three years ago I had a completely physical and nervous breakdown (from working myself near to death). I spent three months in hospital. I am still recovering and it is unlikely I will ever be able to work again. Blogging is something that I can do when I can’t do anything else and I love it, and my blogger friends.
My Nominations…(click on names to go to their blog – also I am taking this chance to nominate non vintage blogs that I love)
Now for a quick disclaimer. While I personally love these awards. I love learning more about other bloggers, I love seeing it “paid forward” and I love discovering new blogs this way. BUT I in no way expect anyone “nominated” to post. I don’t want anyone feeling guilty because they can’t find 15 blogs or because they just can’t find the time. We all have lives outside of blogging.
Please feel free to suggest new blogs for me to follow in the comments. I love you all and would have sat here all night nominating you all.